With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we’ve put together a list of the bess gifts to get for your Trini sweetheart. From gifts that will provide them instant gratification to gifts that will treat them throughout the year, here are our favourites.
1. A subscription box with their favourite Caribbean treats.
TabancaBox is a subscription box service offering your favourite Caribbean treats that are 100% manufactured in the Caribbean… delivered straight to your door. We love this idea as a gift because it’s a gift that keeps on giving. Some of their product selection includes channa, sorrel and more of our Caribbean favourites. Subscriptions can be tuned to your preference to fit your needs and you can also order select boxes such as ManBox, Sweet Tooth and HotBox.
- Cost: From 22-30 USD / Month
- Where to Purchase: TabancaBox
- Contact: 868-733-8299 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tickets to the Tobago Jazz Experience.
The Tobago Jazz Experience is right around the corner, and tickets to this event would make for the perfect gift for the music lover. The Tobago Jazz Experience takes place April 22-30 this year, and includes performances by Shabba Ranks, D’Angelo and the Vanguards, Grace Jones and Morgan Heritage. Not only would you be taking in the tunes, you’d get a mini vacation in Bago with someone special.
The Tobago Jazz Experience returns on April 22nd to April 30th, 2017. It’s much more than a celebration of jazz and the indigenous music of Trinidad and Tobago. It’s much more than just Tobago’s biggest annual music festival. It’s all that and more. If you’ve been, you know it’s so Much More Than Music
3. Movietowne & chill with a year’s worth of movies.
For the movie lovers. ‘Movietowne’ & chill all year long by getting them (and yourself) a season ticket book for the year. The season ticket book covers 12 movies (works out to once a month or used how you please). This gift is another that keeps on giving, since you’ll be dedicating time every month for a proper date night.
4. Sweet baked treats.
You can’t go wrong with sweets and we’re currently loving these local brands that have Valentine’s Day themed bundles. On top of these delicious treats, you get to #SupportLocal.
Two Smart Cookies
- Cost: $12 TTD – Love/ $30 TTD – Arrow/ $40 TTD – Love Potion/ $45 TTD – I <3 U
- Orders: Two Smart Cookies
- Contact: 868-498-2057
- Cost: 6 Love Cupcakes – $140 TTD/ Red Velvet Cheesecake – $450 TTD / 12 Chocolate Truffle Cake Pops – $200 TTD
- Orders: Cupcake Wench
- Contact: 868-482-5094 / email@example.com
5. Plane tickets for a weekend getaway.
Feeling adventurous? Book a trip to somewhere in the Caribbean for a mini getaway. Whether it’s Tobago or another nearby island, Caribbean Airlines offers flights to Grenada, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Barbados for about $190 USD / person or for $60 USD / person for Tobago. Of course this gift requires a bit more planning with accommodations, food and attractions – but it would definitely be a surprising romantic getaway they won’t forget.
And… If you’re a student in Trinidad & Tobago you save 10% off flights within the Caribbean (excluding Tobago)! Senior citizens also save 10%. For details click here.
- Cost: Approximately $60 USD / person for Tobago or $190 USD / person for Grenada, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent or Barbados for a 4-Day Friday-Monday trip in March (as of publishing)
- Booking: Caribbean Airlines
- Contact: 1 (800) 744-2225
6. A bouquet of fresh flowers.
Flowers are one of our favourite ways to show appreciation whether it’s Valentine’s Day or all year long. Flowerline offers the ease of shopping online and having your bouquet shipped directly to your boo. Or, if you’d like to personally deliver your bouquet, you can purchase in-store.
- Cost: $399 – $2000 TTD
- Orders: Flowerline Online or Location in Charleville, Chaguanas
- Contact: 868-671-4000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
7. A relaxing and romantic spa package.
Give the gift of relaxation with a luxurious spa package from the Hyatt Regency Trinidad Spa Esencia. From spa packages that includes massages and facial treatments to salon services. This is the perfect gift if you’d like to treat them for a solo day or join them for the ultimate relaxing date. Want to leave it up to them? Gift certificates are also available. One of our favourite gift ideas is the ‘Spa Honeymoon Package’ that includes a 50-minute couples massage paired with sparkling wine and chocolate truffles.
- Cost: Varies on Package and Service – $1450 TTD for the Spa Honeymoon Package
- Booking: 868-623 2222
8. Delicious local chocolates.
It seems like Valentine’s Day and chocolate go hand in hand, so why not get them some local treats to sweeten up your gift? Here are some of our favourites.
From gorgeous desserts to specially designed pieces of chocolate to suit your tastes. Their chocolates come from beans from the Rancho Quemado Estate in south Trinidad.
The Brasso Seco Chocolate Company
For the dark chocolate lovers, Brasso Seco produces high quality dark chocolate using 100% Brasso Seco Cacao Beans. Brasso Seco also produces Biche and Cuche bars.
- Orders: The Brasso Seco Company
- Contact: 868-705-9842 / email@example.com
9. Surprise Breakfast Delivery.
We absolutely LOVE this idea. Sunrise Ole offers surprise breakfast and treat delivery, perfect for surprising someone first thing in the morning to start off your Valentine’s Day. Based in Port of Spain, Sunrise Ole currently has the perfect Valentine’s Day box, with limited quantities available.
- Cost: $250 TTD
- Orders: Sunrise Ole
- Contact: 868-705-8308/ firstname.lastname@example.org
10. A Carnival package with tickets to their favourite fetes.
For the ones that like to pump during Carnival, surprise them with a variety of tickets to their favourite fetes, or fetes that they want to go to and didn’t think they would get the chance.
- Cost: Varies on Event